About MeI am a condensed matter physicist. I hold both a Diploma (1994) and a Phd (1999) on Physics from the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid. I stayed 2 years (99-01) as a postdoctoral researcher at the Physics Department of the University of California San Diego and 18 months (01-03) at the Physics Department of the University of Texas at Austin. In 2003 I obtained a "Ramon y Cajal" assistant professor position in the Universidad de Alicante (UA). I was promoted to a permanent position in 2008 and to associate professor (professor titular) in 2009. Since 2011 I am on leave from the UA and I hold a research staff position at the INL (Braga, Portugal).
- Head of the Department of Quantum Materials, Science and Technologies at INL
- Manager of the QuantaLab
- Leader of Group of Theory of Quantum Nanostructures at INL (currently 1 PhD and 2 Postdocs)
- Coordinator of the Marie Curie ITN project on Spintronics in Graphene.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Solid State Division (GEFES) of the RSEF. ( Sept 2012-present). Vice-president since January 2016
- Member of the Board of Editors of 2D Materials